The library I work for sponsored a "do your own thing" trip to NYC last weekend, so I took the rare opportunity to travel from the middle of central Pennsylvania to the Big Big Apple. Decided I couldn't afford ticket to a show, so I would spend some time in museums.
But my first stop was a little park that I kept hearing about, so after being dropped off mid-town, I strolled up Madison Avenue to 53rd and had the pleasure of finally seeing tiny little Paley Park. Since it was 30 odd degrees out I was the only one there, but the waterfall was falling and the chairs were just sitting around waiting for people. I'd heard the park's reputation for peacefulness and it really outdid itself on this chilly day!!




Wednesday, December 07, 2005
The Country Mouse goes to the Big City - part 1
Posted by
Effie
at
11:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
►
2008
(19)
- ► 03/16 - 03/23 (2)
- ► 03/02 - 03/09 (1)
- ► 02/24 - 03/02 (2)
- ► 02/17 - 02/24 (1)
- ► 02/03 - 02/10 (2)
- ► 01/20 - 01/27 (4)
- ► 01/13 - 01/20 (3)
- ► 01/06 - 01/13 (4)
-
►
2007
(13)
- ► 12/16 - 12/23 (1)
- ► 12/09 - 12/16 (2)
- ► 12/02 - 12/09 (3)
- ► 11/25 - 12/02 (3)
- ► 11/18 - 11/25 (2)
- ► 11/11 - 11/18 (2)
-
►
2006
(20)
- ► 08/27 - 09/03 (1)
- ► 08/20 - 08/27 (2)
- ► 07/16 - 07/23 (1)
- ► 06/11 - 06/18 (3)
- ► 02/12 - 02/19 (1)
- ► 02/05 - 02/12 (3)
- ► 01/08 - 01/15 (9)
-
▼
2005
(43)
- ► 12/11 - 12/18 (6)
- ▼ 12/04 - 12/11 (4)
- ► 11/13 - 11/20 (6)
- ► 11/06 - 11/13 (5)
- ► 10/30 - 11/06 (4)
- ► 10/23 - 10/30 (2)
- ► 08/28 - 09/04 (2)
- ► 07/31 - 08/07 (3)
- ► 07/17 - 07/24 (1)
- ► 04/24 - 05/01 (2)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (2)
- ► 03/06 - 03/13 (1)
- ► 02/27 - 03/06 (1)
- ► 02/20 - 02/27 (1)
- ► 02/13 - 02/20 (2)
- ► 01/02 - 01/09 (1)
-
►
2004
(39)
- ► 12/26 - 01/02 (1)
- ► 12/05 - 12/12 (6)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (3)
- ► 11/07 - 11/14 (4)
- ► 10/31 - 11/07 (6)
- ► 10/24 - 10/31 (5)
- ► 10/17 - 10/24 (6)
- ► 10/10 - 10/17 (8)


1 comment:
What fabulous photos! Now you can draw these scenes in the comfort of your own home :-) Seriously, do one of the view of the Empire State Building with the decorate fence in the foreground. That would make a great sketch.
Post a Comment