Friday, November 18, 2005

Sketchin' the cat

So mostly I'm too intimidated to do my own drawings -- I'm working on that, really! -- and occasionally my cat will hold still long enough for me to get a chance to try and capture him. Here is a recent sketch with a quick watercolor wash to give a sense of the tabby-ness of Daniel Striped Tiger. As usual, all I had was some scrap paper on the coffee table... but I do sort of like how the lines of text added to the sketch -- done in bic pen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sketching on text is great, I really like your cat!

Nita Van Zandt said...

A couple people have posted drawings on text-covered paper. Must go find some! I have cats and yes, you captured the pose perfectly!

Lurk less, post more :-)

Teri said...

Your cat is perfect! And sketching on text is interesting.

Dana S. Whitney said...

Love the kitty! As a rule, do you do altered books? Or "mere" collages?! Quite a persona that comes through just the same.