Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Big City - Part 3

Most of my afternoon was spent pushing my way through the midtown crowds, or standing in line, or resting my feet when I would find a rare seat, but after all that fun :0) I headed off to the newly reopened "Top of the Rock" to get the views from the 68th, 69th, and 70th floors.

http://www.topoftherocknyc.com/

I'm not all that good with heights, but this was a view I has to see. I had unearthed a vintage picture of some school group taken in 1949 from up there when I was researching "Broadway Bound" this summer, so I was anxious to see it for myself.

http://www.treadwellny.com/NYC1948.htm


Had it been warmer, and had there been any place to sit down, I would no doubt have stayed till after dark, but I did manage to schedule my visit for sundown, which was lovely.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

neat pics
one day i will get to nyc!
-patty (from the edm group)