Friday, January 18, 2008

TGIF



The artist one day falls through a hole in the brambles, and from that moment he is following the dark rapids of an underground river which may sometimes flow so near to the surface that the laughing picnic parties are heard above. --Cyril Connolly

So, it's Friday -- or as the voice(s) in my head would say -- "Free Day." It's payday from the second job which always helps the bank account. There's only a few more hours I have to spend chained to a desk and then I'm off for the weekend, which of course, as a result of that second job is a real misnomer, but still...a chance to get away from the mundane world of work and into my studio to putter around and see what I can produce that's creative as I picnic on the shores of my imagination...

No comments: