Wednesday, November 21, 2007

EDM Challenge #146 -- Favorite Food

So the latest challenge for this week of Thanksgiving is to draw your favorite food. I have a LOT of faves (wink) but when I came home from the grocery store with a pint of mint chocolate cookie ice cream I realized I had a perfect subject. And... trying to capture a bowl of ice cream before it melted is one way to short-circuit the voices in my head. So... while the speed made things not perfect (see, there's that word again...) I think it does have a nice energy about it. Putting it in a green bowl, well... the bowls are just fun. They're sort of round and square at the same time.

Happy Holiday season all... and more mint and chocolate ice cream for all!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my top 10 favorites too! How DID you do it before it melted? Great sketch.

Lynn said...

What marvelous self control you have to paint it before eating it! It looks delicious and you did a great job on it, especially the spoon handle.

quirkyartist said...

YUM. You caught it so well. WE have a flavour called 'Nuts About Chocolate' and the ice-cream factory is 5 minutes' walk to my house. Shame I'm on a diet..

Anonymous said...

You've caught the mint color very well. This food is one of my personal 'me no likeys', but I like your drawing very much!

Ann said...

oooh, one of my favorite ice cream flavors too! Very nicely done!