Thursday, June 15, 2006

June Spread - Altered Calender Round Robin

So this June page was a bit of a challenge. The "assignment" was to take works by Robert Rauschenberg and alter them to create a whole new work of art inspired by the original work of art. First off was to do a little reading on this artist that I didn't know much about.

http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/rauschenberg_robert.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Rauschenberg

I wish I had thought to snap the orginal, but alas... I'm bad with that kind of thing. I can't find a picture on mr. internet right now, but it was basically an aspirin tablet and the words 'fast pain relief' ... and since I get a lot of headaches, it seemed the logical project to tackle.

I had a hard time deciding how to begin, so eventually I just had to plunge in. I grabbed a magazine, and just started ripping out anything that I thought remotely harkened back to the original artwork. Then I started cutting and pasting. Eventually, I had this:

No comments: