Here are some pictures of the february spread I did in the altered calendar RR I'm in. I didn't really know where I was going with the art when I started. I found the red background fabric remnant which I'd picked up at a yard sale. It's hard to see in the picture, but it has a nice fan shaped ripple pattern that lent itself to this piece. Then I found a scrap of lace that was almost in the shape of a heart. So I ripped it in half to start out with a broken heart, but as I worked on the piece it ended up being more like a mended heart. The lace has been embellised with glitter, paint, sequins and beads. I seem to be working more with fabric lately. Also, I didn't really want to put quite so many danglies on the page... but it made me :0) I like the ambiguity of it quite a lot. Is it damaged, is it mended, is it whole? What does it say to you?
The calendar grid page is just some daily doodles and scraps to tell about my days.


Thursday, February 16, 2006
altered calendar - february pages
Posted by
Effie
at
10:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
►
2008
(19)
- ► 03/16 - 03/23 (2)
- ► 03/02 - 03/09 (1)
- ► 02/24 - 03/02 (2)
- ► 02/17 - 02/24 (1)
- ► 02/03 - 02/10 (2)
- ► 01/20 - 01/27 (4)
- ► 01/13 - 01/20 (3)
- ► 01/06 - 01/13 (4)
-
►
2007
(13)
- ► 12/16 - 12/23 (1)
- ► 12/09 - 12/16 (2)
- ► 12/02 - 12/09 (3)
- ► 11/25 - 12/02 (3)
- ► 11/18 - 11/25 (2)
- ► 11/11 - 11/18 (2)
-
▼
2006
(20)
- ► 08/27 - 09/03 (1)
- ► 08/20 - 08/27 (2)
- ► 07/16 - 07/23 (1)
- ► 06/11 - 06/18 (3)
- ► 02/05 - 02/12 (3)
- ► 01/08 - 01/15 (9)
-
►
2005
(43)
- ► 12/11 - 12/18 (6)
- ► 12/04 - 12/11 (4)
- ► 11/13 - 11/20 (6)
- ► 11/06 - 11/13 (5)
- ► 10/30 - 11/06 (4)
- ► 10/23 - 10/30 (2)
- ► 08/28 - 09/04 (2)
- ► 07/31 - 08/07 (3)
- ► 07/17 - 07/24 (1)
- ► 04/24 - 05/01 (2)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (2)
- ► 03/06 - 03/13 (1)
- ► 02/27 - 03/06 (1)
- ► 02/20 - 02/27 (1)
- ► 02/13 - 02/20 (2)
- ► 01/02 - 01/09 (1)
-
►
2004
(39)
- ► 12/26 - 01/02 (1)
- ► 12/05 - 12/12 (6)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (3)
- ► 11/07 - 11/14 (4)
- ► 10/31 - 11/07 (6)
- ► 10/24 - 10/31 (5)
- ► 10/17 - 10/24 (6)
- ► 10/10 - 10/17 (8)


No comments:
Post a Comment