I always like starting a new journal. Just like starting a trip somewhere, it is full of possibilities. In an attempt to use up what I've got before purchasing new stuff, I'm back to a composition book. I've always liked working in them. They are super sturdy, lay flat (I hate to fight with a book while I'm working on it), and they don't seem to mind getting all fat and gluey.
I've been trying over the past few months to concentrate on the visual rather than the verbal. For me, I was just getting tired of pages and pages of whining... so I told myself I had to express whatever I wanted to express visually, and if I could work words into the page with the images, OK.
So far there's not alot in the new book except for some pages created in response to the December gluebooks prompts... but I do have two "journal" type pages in response to my discovering a squirrel in my house last Saturday, and a trip to the local coffee shop the other night.
Squirrel NutkIN MY HOUSE...
Let's have coffee and talk (caw-fee and tawlk :0)
Wednesday, December 14, 2005
new journal - back to the land of composition books
Posted by
Effie
at
2:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
►
2008
(19)
- ► 03/16 - 03/23 (2)
- ► 03/02 - 03/09 (1)
- ► 02/24 - 03/02 (2)
- ► 02/17 - 02/24 (1)
- ► 02/03 - 02/10 (2)
- ► 01/20 - 01/27 (4)
- ► 01/13 - 01/20 (3)
- ► 01/06 - 01/13 (4)
-
►
2007
(13)
- ► 12/16 - 12/23 (1)
- ► 12/09 - 12/16 (2)
- ► 12/02 - 12/09 (3)
- ► 11/25 - 12/02 (3)
- ► 11/18 - 11/25 (2)
- ► 11/11 - 11/18 (2)
-
►
2006
(20)
- ► 08/27 - 09/03 (1)
- ► 08/20 - 08/27 (2)
- ► 07/16 - 07/23 (1)
- ► 06/11 - 06/18 (3)
- ► 02/12 - 02/19 (1)
- ► 02/05 - 02/12 (3)
- ► 01/08 - 01/15 (9)
-
▼
2005
(43)
- ▼ 12/11 - 12/18 (6)
- ► 12/04 - 12/11 (4)
- ► 11/13 - 11/20 (6)
- ► 11/06 - 11/13 (5)
- ► 10/30 - 11/06 (4)
- ► 10/23 - 10/30 (2)
- ► 08/28 - 09/04 (2)
- ► 07/31 - 08/07 (3)
- ► 07/17 - 07/24 (1)
- ► 04/24 - 05/01 (2)
- ► 04/17 - 04/24 (2)
- ► 03/06 - 03/13 (1)
- ► 02/27 - 03/06 (1)
- ► 02/20 - 02/27 (1)
- ► 02/13 - 02/20 (2)
- ► 01/02 - 01/09 (1)
-
►
2004
(39)
- ► 12/26 - 01/02 (1)
- ► 12/05 - 12/12 (6)
- ► 11/14 - 11/21 (3)
- ► 11/07 - 11/14 (4)
- ► 10/31 - 11/07 (6)
- ► 10/24 - 10/31 (5)
- ► 10/17 - 10/24 (6)
- ► 10/10 - 10/17 (8)


1 comment:
I love the squirrel!
Post a Comment