Monday, November 08, 2004

A Bird in the Road is worth...

So driving home Monday night, what to my wondering eyes should appear, standing in the middle of the road, but a huge pheasant!! Fortunately he was in the other lane... and I didn't get to see how the other drivers shooed him off the road... but he sure was handsome!!

Went home and decided to try and draw him. I struggle with my own artistic skills when it comes to actually drawing stuff. I can slap random bits of paper together like nobody's business, but when it comes to trusting my hand to draw what my eye sees... forget it. But... I keep trying! And I'm not altogether unhappy with Mr. Birdie. I've been playing around with some oil pastels that I picked up at the craft store on a whim. Not a lot of good for details like the feet... but I do rather enjoy smooshing them around and seeing what happens...


1 comment:

u l a n said...

hi effie, saw your link from the everydaymatters egroup =) nice drawing!

ulan
http://ulan25.so-phobic.com/paperjournal